[coreboot] Long license headers (ANGER WARNING)

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 19:16:06 CET 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 9:42 AM Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> ron minnich wrote:
>

> Every project *does* however get to decide on formal requirements for
> all contributions, and reject contributions which fail to meet those
> requirements.

And that's an excellent point.

 So, Alex, Paul, Peter, anyone: if you want to craft a "how to create
license headers" document (is there one?) that we could put at the top
level, that's great.

When we released Plan 9 under GPL, (github.com/brho/plan9) it boiled down
to:
- file in top level of the tree
- this statement in each file
/*
 * This file is part of the UCB release of Plan 9. It is subject to the
license
 * terms in the LICENSE file found in the top-level directory of this
 * distribution and at http://akaros.cs.berkeley.edu/files/Plan9License. No
 * part of the UCB release of Plan 9, including this file, may be copied,
 * modified, propagated, or distributed except according to the terms
contained
 * in the LICENSE file.
 */

That's how Eben Moglen told us it should be done. If anyone knows, he does,
since he wrote the license and procedures.

ron