[coreboot] Automated test system: Nominations wanted

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Mar 1 23:14:55 CET 2015

Am Freitag, den 27.02.2015, 12:20 +0100 schrieb Carl-Daniel Hailfinger:

> On 19.02.2015 00:14, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> > The selection of target systems should include:
> > 1. at least one x86 laptop without an active ME (present but inactive
> > would be OK)
> > 2. at least one x86 laptop which can boot x86-blob-free (except microcode)
> > 3. at least one x86 board or laptop which needs neither blobs (except
> > microcode) nor ME
> > 4. at least one x86 board with reasonable (past or present) business
> > market penetration
> > 5. if the first two laptops use the same CPU vendor, a board using a
> > different x86 CPU vendor
> > [...]
> > Please nominate machines (e.g. "Thinkpad T60 with Intel graphics") and
> > tell me to which category they belong. If a system fits into multiple
> > categories, please specify that as well.
> > I will try to consolidate the recommendations and buy those machines.
> > Once the system is up and running (hopefully in May), I will add more
> > machines suggested by the community as time permits.
> >
> > The time window for suggestions will close at the end of February.
>
> So far I got the following nominations:
> - asus f2a85-m (desktop board)
> - tyan s8226 and/or supermicro h8scm and/or supermicro h8qgi (server board)
> - Qemu and a couple of the boards supported by SimNOW (no category)
> - Thinkpad T60 with ATI graphics (no ME, but with graphics blob)

Lenovo ThinkPad T60/X60 with Intel graphics also exist.

If you could get reference boards from AMD that might be also good.

Adlink cExpress-GFR and CM2-GF (lippert/toucan-af and
lippert/frontrunner-af), jetway/nf81-t56n-lf might also be interesting.

Lenovo G505s as a “recent” AMD laptop should also be tested frequently.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul