[coreboot] Power on via USB, WoL from S5 on Panther (Haswell/Lynxpoint)

Matt DeVillier matt.devillier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 03:11:35 CEST 2015

Greetings again!

As a corollary / follow-up to my previous inquiry on automatic power-on
when AC power applied, I'm now trying to
get Panther (Asus ChromeBox - Haswell/Lynxpoint) to power on from S5 via
a connected USB device (keyboard, mouse, IR remote) and via ethernet /
wake-on-lan-- all of which currently work for S3, but not S5.

Initial testing indicates that the USB ports are not getting put in the
D3/hot state, as the IR receiver doesn't blink to indicate button
presses as it does in S3.  Looking at the panther/lynxpoint code,  the
only places I found that the USB ports were enabled under S3 but not S5
were in panther/acpi_tables.c and lynxpoint/acpi/usb.asl.  I modified
both files to enable USB under S5, with no apparent change.

For WoL, I couldn't find anything that explicitly enabled/disabled it.
I did try setting the WoL enable override bit in PMCON_3, but no
apparent change.

Any/all suggestions are appreciated.  I did skim the 4th-Gen Core Family
PLatform I/O datasheet, but nothing jumped out at me there (other than
the WoL override I tried above)

thanks,
Matt