[coreboot] Interrupt mapping with NetBSD

Jonathan A. Kollasch jakllsch at kollasch.net
Sat Jun 27 15:28:02 CEST 2015

On Sat, Jun 27, 2015 at 04:09:08PM +0300, Andrey Korolyov wrote:
> Hello,
>
> can anyone please provide a solid pointer for a 'patch' mentioned in
> http://www.coreboot.org/NetBSD#Interrupt_routing? It looks like that
> the even recent MPBIOS code in NetBSD kernel is not able to place all
> interrupts correctly if coreboot is used with SeaBIOS payload, my
> 82577 does not work exactly because of that under this OS. The target
> hardware is a well-supported X201 platform, if this can add more
> sense.

The patch is unnecessary if the payload is SeaBIOS, which is the payload
you want to use to boot NetBSD anyway.  I barely remember the details of
the patch at this point, and I have no idea if I still have it laying
around.

Anyway, you almost certainly don't want to be relying on anything other
than the DSDT for interrupt routing on a modern machine with a modern OS.

	Jonathan Kollasch