[coreboot] SeaBIOS on BayTrail Chromebooks

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Wed Jun 24 21:20:19 CEST 2015

On Sat, Jun 06, 2015 at 01:55:30PM -0400, Starly Solon wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to k ow of there's a version of SeaBIOS that works with the
> BayTrail Chromebooks and if there's none where could I find information
> about what's missing? I currently have a laptop with a BayTrail processor,
> is there a way of dumping the BIOS/UEFI to help (I'm currently running a
> GNU/Linux distro on it)?

I'm not sure if you obtained a response to your question.  SeaBIOS
should run on a BayTrial chromebook with two exceptions: the builtin
keyboard may not work and seabios doesn't support builtin mmc storage.

The first issue should be easy to work around if you are willing to
run some tests.  The second could probably also be implemented, but
would need a bit more work.

Also, note that the google seabios repo has patches that address both
of the above.

-Kevin