[coreboot] Idea: Friday Coreboot Wiki IRC Meeting - FCWIRCM

Nicky Sielicki sielicki at nicky.io
Thu Jun 18 18:49:46 CEST 2015

On 06/18, Francis Rowe wrote:
> Essentially, my idea is to have something similar for the coreboot
> wiki. Every week (on a set day - Friday evening is optimal, for
> various reasons), people would come together and improve the wiki as
> much as possible.

I don't know that Friday is such a great time, people tend to not want
to work after a week of work, but FWIW this time works for me.

> This could be anything from adding pages about boards in coreboot
> which are not currently documented, improving existing pages, making
> the wiki easier to read, and so on. Anything that improves the
> efficiency of the wiki, so that it is a more effective source of
> information for coreboot users and developers.
>
> Thoughts?

I think it might be smart to expand the scope of this outside of just
the wiki. Documentation generated via doxygen is in a bad state.
Thorough documentation of things like 'what is a CBFS?' or 'How does
coreboot use Kconfig' are not suited for a wiki page, but are probably
even more important than a clean wiki.

I agree that this work is needed and I would like to be a part of it.
Thanks for proposing this.

-Nicky Sielicki