[coreboot] No code in SMM handler address (0xa0000)

Yu-Cheng Liu peter90609 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 09:13:08 CEST 2015

hello,
Here I have some questions in smi.c file
(coreboot/src/southbridge/intel/i82801ix/smi.c)

in smm_install function, one statement is to copy handler to SMRAM(0xa0000):
1.I can't find copy source data ( _binary_smm_start ),where is it write? I
watch (_binary_smm_start) memory address,and it has value in it.

2.After execute the memcpy statement,there is nothing change in 0xa0000,the
value in 65535

In smm_relocate function, the pointer goes in the " if " statement and then
"return" , the relocation code did not copy to 0x38000:

3.How do I let the program go through and do the job below the " if "
statement?

thanks~