[coreboot] How to trigger SMI and implement SMM

Yu-Cheng Liu peter90609 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 21 11:04:10 CEST 2015

Hello,

I purpose to trigger SMI event and do something in SMM mode .

I trace the coreboot source code and found that, during the coreboot
environment setup, the file locate at *southbridge/intel/i82801ix/smi.c*
 will be excute. Is it enough for SMI/SMM operation? I didn’t see the code
under cpu/smm be locate in the ramstage.debug symbol.

What is the different purpose between *southbridge/intel/i82801ix/smi.c* and*
/cpu/x86/smm*? How do I trigger the SMI event?

(my platform is QEMU and Coreboot main board is “emulation”)

Thanks for your kindly reply ~