[coreboot] T400 screen issue / EDID handling

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Jul 5 09:42:18 CEST 2015

Dear Kroms,

Am Samstag, den 04.07.2015, 11:11 +0200 schrieb kroms at posteo.be:

> I used a pre-compiled libreboot ROM image for flashing my T400:
>
> t400_8mb_ukqwerty_vesafb.rom
>
> (source: http://mirrors.mit.edu/libreboot/20150518/rom/)
>
> I attached most of the requested information, I hope I found the
> right information:
>
> requested information -> attached file or remark
>
> .config of coreboot -> config_t400_8mb_libreboot
>
> and the payload -> the 4 files beginning with grub_
>
> log files from coreboot (cbmem -c) -> cbmem_-c

Thank you. Unfortunately, I was unable to see anything suspicious in
there. Libreboot seems to strip of the coreboot revision it uses from
the banner, which is not good. It might be in the revision file in
CBFS.

    build/cbfstool build/coreboot.rom extract -n revision -f revision.txt

> the payload -> I dont know to get or find it.

It is GRUB. Unfortunately, I do not see GRUB’s debug messages in CBMEM.

> and Linux -> Do you mean the output of dmesg?

Indeed, that’s one way of getting them. Please provide the output.

[…]

Thanks,

Paul

PS: It’s quite common to use interleaved posting style [1] on mailing
lists.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posting_style