[coreboot] board-status "binary"

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jan 28 00:43:54 CET 2015

Dear John,

Am Freitag, den 14.11.2014, 11:44 +0000 schrieb John Lewis:

> I've modified the board-status script to have as few external
> dependencies as possible, be a self-extracting, self-running "binary".
> and removed the time-stamp to keep the number initial commits down. Feel
> free to tell me how bad it is and how it murdered your children. :P

thanks a lot for encouraging the users of your firmware images to upload
the board status results [1] to coreboot’s board-status repository [2].

Looking at the pushed commits, the `dirty` string is appended to all of
them. This means, when you built the image, there were local
modifications to the source tree. It’d be great if you could check what
these modifications are. Sometimes it is just a change for the 3rdparty
submodule. Sometimes these are bigger changes. The output `git diff` or
`git status` should clear that up.

Additionally, the file `coreboot_timestamps.txt` just contains

        No timestamps found in coreboot table.

meaning collecting time stamps is not enabled in Kconfig. It’d be great
if you could enable that too. Soon this will be enabled by default if
Kyösti’s change set #8023 will get committed.

If you could distribute new firmware images with these changes, that
would be awesome!

Thanks a lot,

Paul

[1] https://johnlewis.ie/a-call-to-arms/