[coreboot] SeaBIOS, serial output, grub, sgabios does not seem to load

Kuzmichev Viktor kuzmichevviktorv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 09:04:42 CET 2015

Hello,

So, after editing sgabios.h I saw that sgabios actually loaded. As I did
not disable serial output in SeaBIOS and Grub, I got duplicate
characters and lines. I know, if I disable all serial output, that
should most probably solve it. However, I still need debug messages, so
I decided to use only serial input/output. The only issue with this that
I had before is that Grub was configured to load splashimage which, it
seems, interfered with the serial output. So, when I disabled it, it
loaded just fine.
And now I have the following setup controlled completely by serial
input/output: coreboot -> SeaBIOS -> Grub -> Linux. There is just one
little annoying issue now. SeaBIOS does not respond to F12 via serial IO.

-Viktor