[coreboot] AMD technical contact? / CAR issue

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sun Jan 18 00:02:29 CET 2015

Hi all,

You a short update,

1) I still dont know whom to ask for help :/

2) I analyzed the CAR teardown routine from vendor BIOS and from coreboot. There
are some changes jnb -> jmp and similar changes in AP teardown logic. The
gcccar.inc in the binaryPI is perhaps ported from coreboot so the fix is not there.

But if someone has access to AMD sources (even newer AGESA, because often they
have support for CAR for other processsors) please check the
AMD_DISABLE_STACK_FAMILY_HOOK_F15 and ENABLE stuff for possible changes. It
would spare me from playing binary hide and seek,

Thanks
Rudolf