[coreboot] Access to bug reports in Chromium bug tracker

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 17 20:01:53 CET 2015

Am Donnerstag, den 15.01.2015, 16:08 -0800 schrieb David Hendricks:
> On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Paul Menzel wrote:
>
> > > Issues which are closed now will almost certainly remain that way.
> >
> > Should those be referenced in the source code then?
>
> Probably not, but at some point it just doesn't matter.
>
> > Or should they at least be marked, for example with `(restricted)`?
>
> Not at the expense of time/effort that can be better spent putting coreboot
> on more products. Besides, that would just increase deltas between trees
> with little or no gain.

I disagree and your first argument can be used every time something
requires effort to make it suitable for upstream inclusion. In my
opinion it is something in the development process that needs to be
addressed and improved.

The person reading the source expects the URL to be accessible
especially when almost all of these “crosbug” URLs can be accessed.

But in the end, it looks like I am the only one having a problem with
this, so I’ll have to accept that. Sorry for the noise.

Thanks,

Paul