[coreboot] SeaBIOS, serial output, grub, sgabios does not seem to load

Kuzmichev Viktor kuzmichevviktorv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 09:50:21 CET 2015

On 11.01.2015 07:45, Martin Roth wrote:
> On 01/10/2015 07:53 AM, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 25, 2014 at 11:45:40AM +0300, Kuzmichev Viktor wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been trying to boot grub installed on the hard drive using
>>> coreboot and
>>> SeaBIOS as a payload. The motherboard I'm using is Intel Mohon Peak.
>>> Also, I
>>> do not use VGA for output, only serial port. So, I included the
>>> sgabios into
>>> my rom file. Here is its layout:
>> It should have worked.  How did you build SeaBIOS, what SeaBIOS config
>> did you use, and what changes have you made to SeaBIOS?
>>
>> -Kevin
>>
> As I recall, Mohon Peak uses 0x2f8 for the console serial port. Did
> you set sgabios to output to 2f8 instead of 3f8 in sgabios.h?
>
> sgabios.h:#define COM_BASE_ADDR           0x3f8
>
> Martin
Thank you for your replies!

Just checked sgabios.h and changed serial port base address to 2f8.
Somehow I missed it earlier, although I did set this parameter in both
coreboot and SeaBIOS before. Sadly, I do not currently have access to
Mohon Peak, so I can't really test this right now but, hopefully, I
would be able to test this in a few days.
Also, I'd like to clarify one more thing. Should Option ROMS parameter
in SeaBIOS menuconfig be checked for sgabios to work? Are there any
other nuances I should keep in mind?

Viktor