[coreboot] Unifying IO accessor macros

Julius Werner jwerner at chromium.org
Sat Feb 28 10:12:23 CET 2015

Okay, the doodle has been up for a while now and it seems that
write32(address, value) is preferred by a clear majority of people. I've
prepared a set of patches starting at
https://chromium-review.googlesource.com/#/c/254862 to enact that change in
the Chromium repo. As mentioned before, I think due to the fact that
there's much more active ARM(64) development going on in Chromium right now
I should only land it there for the time being and wait until it naturally
bubbles up to mainline coreboot as part of the current upstreaming
effort... trying to apply it to both trees at once would just require a lot
of pointless conflict resolution effort to down the road.