[coreboot] New flashrom logo

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at alumni.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Feb 22 19:40:09 CET 2015

On Sun, 22 Feb 2015 02:16:57 +0100
Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:

> either make the
> lightning bolt smaller or perhaps just remove it, because the
> connection between lightning and memory chips isn't so obvious.

Removing it (without replacement) is not an option... that would make
it simply a chip icon. That by no means qualifies as a good logo for a
software project :)
The logo's background idea does not have to be obvious (i.e. if one
doesn't know it is related to flashrom, one does not necessarily need
to derive that relationship), but it should be recognizable and clear
once you know it to make the whole logo<->project relation memorable...
and I really think that a flash and a rom/chip qualifies to represent
flashrom in such a way :)