[coreboot] updating coreboot && SeaBIOS on an Acer C720

Kevin O'Connor kevin at koconnor.net
Thu Feb 19 16:11:35 CET 2015

On Mon, Feb 09, 2015 at 08:32:40AM +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> > hw.acpi.verbose=1 would be a start.
>
> Thanks for all the hints.
>
> As I said, the events are sporadic, seldom, but complete power-off (like
> as you would cut the cable from the motherboard). Of course the system has no
> chance to write anything to /var/log/messages or console.
>
> My hope while writing to coreboot@ was to get a pointer to the list of
> open ore solved issues within coreboot and/or SeaBIOS to see if this
> issue is somewhat known, solved or could be related to some known or
> solved issue. Where can I find such a list which is normally (as we do
> in my company) attached to the Release Notes of a new version of
> software.

The SeaBIOS release notes are at http://www.seabios.org/Releases .  It
only provides a list of high level features though.  One can also read
through the SeaBIOS git commit history.

The symptons you report do not sound like a SeaBIOS issue.  SeaBIOS
relies on coreboot to initialize most hardware.  Once the OS starts,
it's unlikely that SeaBIOS would adversely impact the machine
behavior.

-Kevin