[coreboot] Unifying IO accessor macros

Kevin Herbert kevin.herbert at meraki.net
Wed Feb 18 17:48:26 CET 2015

Once the order is the same on all architectures, we could change it
to match Linux at any point. I think its important to stop holding
up architectural unification in the name of the perfect solution.

The Coccinelle to switch the ordering is much safer to do after you have
the ordering consistent and both arguments to the write functions are
types which are incompatible with each other.

Personally I am in the camp of having the same order as Linux, but there
is a lot of ARM work held up because they are *different*. This is the
problem I am trying to solve. Lets make the best community decision
regardless of our personal opinions.

Kevin