[coreboot] Unifying IO accessor macros

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:41:13 CET 2015

Having spent 15 or so years on Plan 9 and Linux, the only conclusion I can
make is that nothing is universal.

Plan 9 is this:
outl(int port, ulong value)

And I used software that came long before Linux (back in the 70s, if you
want to know) that followed that form too. I think Linux got it backwards,
but it's the standard, so I guess that's what people want.

I don't really care at this point, as long as whatever we use is defined
with a correct prototype, so we don't get errors when people from other
projects also get it "backwards", like me. It's just not that big a deal.
Let's stop fussing about it.

ron