[coreboot] Unifying IO accessor macros

Aaron Durbin adurbin at google.com
Wed Feb 18 17:40:27 CET 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Patrick Georgi <pgeorgi at google.com> wrote:
>>> kernel, u-boot, etc. They all have the write(val, addr) semantics. I
>>> see no good reason to artificially erect an ever present barrier for
>>> integrating code into a coreboot system.
>>>
> Since all imported code requires some rework before it works for us,
> and redoing that particular issue is a matter of a simple spatch
> (http://coccinelle.lip6.fr/), I'm not sure that's actually that big a
> concern.
>
> @@
> expression a,v;
> @@
> -writel(v,a)
> +write32(a, v)

Can you provide the spatch utility and script as well as the
documentation so that every potential contributor can perform the
necessary steps? Or we could be done w/ it once and for all and fix
the existing coreboot semantics. Then there's not another step for
anyone in perpetuity. Also keep in mind it's not just software going
into coreboot but reusing software within coreboot as well. It's a 2
way street.

I did volunteer to do the big change, and if people want I will. Let me know.

-Aaron