[coreboot] On the subject of collaboration

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Feb 14 03:27:43 CET 2015

Anthony Martin wrote:
> Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> once said:
> > Alexandru Gagniuc wrote:
> > > fork?
> >
> > If you feel that it would be good then please do not waste any more time.
>
> At least we know malefic goading is permitted by the code of conduct.

That's confusing to me. I'm not being the slightest malicious and
I'm also not goading. I'll try to clarify:

If there are some developers who feel that a fork would be a good
thing and that they can pull it off then I think they should go for
it, rather than feeling bad in a project which they essentially
disagree with. It would be much better for everybody if they
respectfully did their own thing.

Some of you may know that I have a bit of experience with forks, and
while it is a frequent opinion that forks are a waste of time I
actually think it is the other way around - if there are different
goals or different expectations then it is really important to be
open and honest about that, and simply part ways on good terms.

Not all forks happen like that, probably because of human nature, but
with some effort it is certainly possible, and I think it's something
worth striving for.

//Peter