[coreboot] Bay trail and SATA legacy IDE mode

Stojsavljevic, Zoran zoran.stojsavljevic at intel.com
Mon Feb 9 08:05:04 CET 2015

Hello Patrick, Marc,

Long-time no see, no talk... I need your help here.

Here we have an interesting situation, since my best knowledge of FSP + Coreboot + SeaBIOS is limited... I am on the other side of the Galaxy now, for quite a (long) time. :)

But still... I have some limited knowledge of Coreboot from 15 months ago, and I am trying to understand if Coreboot x86 code has some influence on the SATA IDE mode. From what I am reading... There is a possibility!

The silicon is BYT SoC, ATOM. The boot time to OS bootloader is around 300 ms.

My best understanding how this enumeration works for SATA is that all SATA are put in default AHCI mode. But some people (As Berth) must have SATA interfaces in IDE mode.

What I know from what I see, what I understand... The Coreboot shown in stages is the following:
- bootblock
- romstage
- ramstage
- payload

So let us magnify the one, important for this case: ramstage! In this stage the following is happening (among others) - Tables initialized: ACPI,..., IRQ Routing, etc.

PCIe discovery is done... And, FSP 3rd call NotifyPhaseEntry () API is called twice.

Let me magnify all of these... As my best understanding is! Let us concentrate to the next: DEVICETREE.CB code!

I see that some devices are in the format: device pci 2.0 on end - 0.2.0 IDE interface... BIOS like!

I also see that some devices are defined in Coreboot directory: northbridge/intel/...

Since I am not sure where SATA IDE code is, for BYT... Could you, please, navigate me? Not sure where these definition are?! I need pointer to source code for BYT SATA IDE, if possible (pointer to Coreboot source code directories)?

If this is NOT hidden in NotifyPhaseEntry ()... You will tell me, hopefully.

Thank you,
Zoran Stojsavljevic