[coreboot] baytrail + fsp_baytrail

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 01:19:48 CET 2015

there's another way to do this that few people use.

Back in the E7500 days, the 7505 came along. We experimented with this:
src/northbridge/intel/e750x
and put the common files in there.
Under e750x we had
e7500
e7505

for the different files.
so, src/northbridge/intel/e750x/{e7500,e7505}
worked fine. nobody cared enough to really do the work of putting it all
together, we were just happy that
the build system supported the naming in the files and so on.
Part of the trick is this: in the mainboard file, the part becomes
src/northbridge/intel/e750x/e7500
and in e7500 you include parts from src/northbridge/intel/e750x

So you don't make e750x the northbridge directory; rather you make
e750x/e7505 and e750x/e7500 the directory.
That way, no condition includes or anything. It's a pretty standard build
setup.

this is similar to what we did on the ARM parts a few years back.

ron