[coreboot] baytrail + fsp_baytrail

Martin Roth gaumless at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 16:55:43 CET 2015

I think we can cut down on some of the code redundancy, but as Alex
says, they are different chipsets, and we need to be careful about
trying to combine too much.

Here are my suggested steps:
1) Look for commonalities between baytrail and other chipsets and move
pieces things into soc/intel/common or southbridge/intel/common.
Let's not do a bunch of work just for baytrail that could help all the
intel chipsets.  I think this should be done regardless of anything
that we decide about Bay Trail.

2) Figure out which changes in each directory should go to the other.
Each have gotten some fixes that should be shared with the other
directory.

3) Make the baytrail directory structures look as similar again -
rename the soc/fsp_baytrail/baytrail include directory to
soc/fsp_baytrail/soc/include to match what was done with soc/baytrail.
Or we can rename them both to just soc/(fsp_)baytrail/include.
Something, so long as they match.

4) Create a soc/intel/baytrail_common or soc/intel/baytrail/common
directory and move pieces that are the same for both chipsets into
those directories.  Work on consolidation, and getting as much as is
reasonable into that directory.  I'd prefer not to just leave files in
soc/intel/baytrail because then it's not obvious that the files are
shared between the two platforms.

Similar steps could be done for the other fsp/non-fsp directories:
cpu/(fsp_)model_206ax, northbridge/(fsp_)sandybridge, and
southbridge/intel/(fsp_)bd82x6x.

Ben, Michael, Since you seem to be actively working in this code, how
do you feel about this?

Martin