[coreboot] From wildcat linking to exploring new languages

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Sat Aug 29 12:09:49 CET 2015

Ron,

ron minnich wrote:
> I think this could prove to be a very important new direction for coreboot,

I agree.

> and I still think it belongs in the tree.

No way.

This is a library of device drivers. It has no place whatsoever as a
subdirectory lost somewhere in the already too big coreboot repository.

libsparkhw needs to live in its own repository, and be pulled into
coreboot as well as other consumers (e.g. FILO as Nico mentioned) as
a submodule.

But putting the submodule under 3rdparty isn't a great fit, because
the library is very much from the 1stparty, namely from the coreboot
community. So it should be somewhere else, I suggest in
lib/[lib]sparkhw.

License-wise, in order to be maximally compatible and reusable
together with libpayload I would welcome and support a simplified
BSD license.

I haven't ever used Ada, but used lots of Pascal long long ago. Fun!

//Peter