[coreboot] From wildcat linking to exploring new languages

Carl-Daniel Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Fri Aug 28 21:07:28 CET 2015

On 28.08.2015 18:29, ron minnich wrote:
> I would really like this to be in the tree. It gives us a chance to do
> things in coreboot that go beyond C and assembly. So that's my $.02.

Same here.
Besides that, SPARK gives us easier provability of code. That is
something governments and safety engineers care about, and it makes for
great marketing.

> What harm would it do?

Having it in the tree would be beneficial because it will be easier to
bisect than two separate trees.
The only thing I'm worried about is whether we can guarantee the
complete tree can be built on all of the platforms where it can be built
now, but that worry applies in the git submodule case as well.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel