[coreboot] From wildcat linking to exploring new languages

Nico Huber nico.huber at secunet.com
Fri Aug 28 11:55:41 CET 2015

Am 21.08.2015 22:47, schrieb ron minnich:
> This sounds wonderful. I'm all for it.
Did you just kill any discussion with that line? :)

Things live currently in a small library that I called `libsparkhw`
(came spontaneously, I don't care much about the name). It contains
some framework (Timer, I/O, Debugging) to do hardware stuff in SPARK,
plus the mentioned graphics initialization. I falter to push it directly
for inclusion into the coreboot repo. Maybe we want a separate reposi-
tory for it (like libpayload has)? It would also make it easier to use
it in other components (e.g. bootloaders and such, and of course our own
products where the code stems from).

We have discussed the licensing and will push this under GPLv2 + later
if there are no reasonable concerns.

Nico

--
M. Sc. Nico Huber
Senior Berater SINA-Softwareentwicklung

Tel.: +49-201-5454-3635, Fax: +49-201-5454-1325
E-Mail: nico.huber at secunet.com
Mergenthalerallee 77, 65760 Eschborn, Deutschland
www.secunet.com

Sitz: Kronprinzenstraße 30, 45128 Essen, Deutschland
Amtsgericht Essen HRB 13615
Vorstand: Dr. Rainer Baumgart (Vors.), Thomas Pleines
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Peter Zattler