[coreboot] cbmem in ELOG

John Lewis jlewis at johnlewis.ie
Mon Aug 24 13:56:42 CET 2015

>> This may be a daft question technically, but is there some way event
>> logging
>> could be subverted to store cbmem output?
>

> Yes. Just add a type to the OEM section and call elog_add_event_raw()
> with the console pointer and size. Keep it mind that would be
> snapshotted then so it matters when you make that call as to what
> would show up in elog. Also, depending on the size you could fill up
> you elog sections pretty quickly.

Thanks for that, Aaron. I don't know C but I'll try to figure out how to
do that, and then maybe ask about increasing ELOG size beyond 4 digits
once I have something working.

> Also, I assume you mean cbmem console when referring to cbmem above?

Yes. Me and terminology don't get on though I try. ;)

What I would be thinking of doing is using this as a poor-man's debug -
reading the ROM containing ELOG using an external programmer and using a
hex editor to view it (if that's possible).

Thanks again.

-John.