[coreboot] Swapping Ctrl and Fn on X200

Danny Milosavljevic dannym at scratchpost.org
Sun Aug 23 20:05:03 CET 2015

Hello,

On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 19:03:47 +0200
Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
>Is that a blob?

Yes. I think it's part of the embedded controller and someone patched
the binary in order to allow fn_ctrl_swap - it doesn't seem to be able
to swap them without it - although the option exists in libreboot
nvramtool and does nothing.

As far as I know, embedded controller (Renesas Hitachi H8, Family 740)
is ignored (not flashed) so far and there is indeed a blob. There's a
Summer of Code under way to change that but it doesn't even boot the
laptop yet.

By now I found binutils-h8300-hms in order to be able to assemble and
disassemble the EC and I'm currently trying to find out whether the
Renesas has its own flash onboard or what. I have a SOIC 16 test chip
but maybe it needs another one / is SMD with insane pin count, let's
see.

There was an old project called ec-18s but I don't think it's for X200.
I can see https://github.com/lynxis/h8s-ec but that doesn't seem to be
for X200 either.

With kind regards,
    Danny