[coreboot] Swapping Ctrl and Fn on X200

Danny Milosavljevic dannym at scratchpost.org
Sun Aug 23 10:05:56 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to swap Ctrl and Fn keys on the X200 (with libreboot).

For this I made sure that nvram is not wiped on reboot, then set

  fn_ctrl_swap = Enable

using nvramtool.

This doesn't swap Fn and Ctrl for some reason. For comparison, as soon
as I change "trackpoint = Enable" to "trackpoint = Disable", the
trackpoint stops working - so I know that the nvram is not completely
ignored.

So next I found
http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/fn-ctrl-swap-on-all-lenovo-laptops-solved.474396/
, unpacked it and compared it to Lenovo's original. The changes are in:

"6DET64WW/$01B9000.FL2" (47 Byte differ, starting at decimal offset
2713050 but not a continuous range - the last change is right before
decimal offset 2818048),
"7XET64WW/$01B9100.FL2" (47 Byte differ, starting at decimal offset
2713050 but not a continuous range - the last change is right before
decimal offset 2818048).

If I want to both use libreboot and swap Fn and Ctrl (so Ctrl is to
the left), how do I get these changes into it?

With kind regards,
   Danny