[coreboot] coreboot meeting @chaos communication camp

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Tue Aug 11 19:34:17 CEST 2015

Le mardi 04 août 2015 à 04:48 +0200, Alexander Couzens a écrit :
> some people will visit the chaos communication camp this year.
> I'll be around for coreboot hacking and give some people a
> introduction into coreboot. I've started a etherpad for (hardware)
> organisation.
> Who brings what or can bring?!
>
> https://pads.ccc.de/coreboot-camp-2015

Hey there, I've added myself to the pad, despite being (very) new to
Coreboot development. To introduce myself shortly, I've been working on
freeing embedded devices for a while now, I'm the current lead developer
of Replicant, the fully free version of Android. Some time ago, I've
decided to take things to the next step by freeing device's bootloaders,
so I've spent some time porting U-Boot to the LG Optimus Black phone[0]
and contributing to the sunxi (Allwinner) port.

In the meantime, I've also been evaluating embedded devices for freedom
and I maintain a comparison of single-board computers on the FSF
website[1]. Recently, I've become very interested in Chromebooks and
I've decided to work on the recent ARM ones, starting with the C201
(that I'll bring to camp) and port them to Libreboot, since they can
boot with only free software (well, except for the bootrom, as usual).
The idea is to make it painless to have a free and secure (thanks to the
Chromium OS security model) bootloader.

I also run Coreboot on a Lenovo G505s, I plan on improving the port and
most importantly I have started the work to free its embedded controller
(a KB9012). I'm not as far along as lynxis, but it would be great to
talk about it together!

In addition, I have an Asus F2A85-M PRO around, which is similar to the
F2A85-M that is already supported by Coreboot. I plan on porting
Coreboot to it for daily use, but I couldn't get around doing it before
CCCamp.

Sadly, I didn't have time to document all those (recent) projects, I'll
certainly get around doing it after camp.

So I'd be very glad to meet Coreboot developers at CCCamp!

[0]:
http://code.paulk.fr/article20/a-hacker-s-journey-freeing-a-phone-from-the-ground-up-first-part
[1]: http://www.fsf.org/resources/hw/single-board-computers

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several
devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis on
freedom and privacy/security.

Website: http://www.replicant.us/
Blog: http://blog.replicant.us/
Wiki/tracker/forums: http://redmine.replicant.us/