[coreboot] SeaBIOS does not always recognize the USB key as boot device

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Aug 6 07:30:22 CET 2015

El día Thursday, August 06, 2015 a las 07:43:13AM +0200, Paul Menzel escribió:

Hello Paul,

> give more information, so when the SeaBIOS developers look into it,
> they have what they need.
>
> Please publish the commit hash you build SeaBIOS from and the config
> file.
>
> Additionally, build SeaBIOS with debug level 8 and publish the logs
> from a working and non-working boot. If you build SeaBIOS with CBMEM
> console support, you’ll find the logs in the output of `cbmem -c`.

I understand as a developer the request for more detailed information.
But I do not have the infrastructure to build Coreboot / SeaBIOS and
flash this into the Acer C720 Chromebook. For sure, I also do not have at the
moment the knowledge how to do so, but this is a matter of reading
documentation.

The C720's I'm using are modified in the BIOS so they do not boot anymore
ChromeOS, but via SeaBIOS any other OS, in my case FreeBSD CURRENT.

The only detailed information I have is the version string which says
SeaBIOS on power on: SeaBIOS ver. 20131001_113210-build123-m2

Let me know if I could read any further information out of the BIOS
using the booted FreeBSD. Or does exist some kind of images to write to
an USB key and boot from which could get more information?

Thanks in any case for your attention.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru at unixarea.de, http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045