[coreboot] i855GM on laptop - possible or not?

Stefan Reinauer stefan.reinauer at coreboot.org
Mon Aug 3 15:43:42 CEST 2015

Hi Andrey,

* Andrey Korolyov <andrey at xdel.ru> [150802 22:22]:
> I am trying to estimate amount of effort to make an old military Getac
> to work with coreboot (currently it runs Insyde with computrace-style
> code). All currently supported boards, lanner/em8510 and
> digitallogic/adl855pc are desktops, which means that I should play
> with EC support almost from scratch. Given the fact that i855G(M) was
> quite popular in P-M era, are there any real issues standing behind
> lack of support of a simular mobile platform in a tree?

The ADL855PC is an embedded module that is using the i855GME chipset
(the same as the Getac W130 as far as I remember).

Last I checked, the 855 port was not very good, but there's probably
nothing in the way of attempting to write a port for that laptop.

You should make sure you have some means of recovering your flash chip
back to something working, because writing a port and getting a system
booting typically takes a few tries ;)

Stefan