[coreboot] i855GM on laptop - possible or not?

Andrey Korolyov andrey at xdel.ru
Sun Aug 2 22:22:12 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to estimate amount of effort to make an old military Getac
to work with coreboot (currently it runs Insyde with computrace-style
code). All currently supported boards, lanner/em8510 and
digitallogic/adl855pc are desktops, which means that I should play
with EC support almost from scratch. Given the fact that i855G(M) was
quite popular in P-M era, are there any real issues standing behind
lack of support of a simular mobile platform in a tree?

Thanks in advance!