[coreboot] error building coreboot

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Tue Apr 28 13:26:27 CEST 2015

> after running "make" im getting the following error and the building process
> is stopped:
> ---------
> /coreboot/util/cbfstool/cbfs_image.c:451:59: error: comparison between
> signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Werror=sign-compare]
>   assert((char*)CBFS_SUBHEADER(entry) - image->buffer.data ==
>                                                            ^
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> make: *** [build/util/cbfstool/cbfs_image.o] Fehler 1
> ---------
>
> any ideas what is causing this error and how to fix it?
You're probably building on a 32bit host system, which isn't a
well-tested environment (our autobuilders are 64bit as are, it seems,
most developer machines).
http://review.coreboot.org/#/c/10015/ should fix the issue.

Regards,
Patrick
--
Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg