[coreboot] toolchain for building mips targets

Vadim Bendebury vbendeb at chromium.org
Sat Apr 25 06:53:33 CEST 2015

guys, how do you set up toolchain for building mips targets (or rather
mips target, as there is just one currently :).

I got this flavor from Mentor Graphics site:

mips-linux-gnu-gcc (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2014.05-27) 4.8.3 20140320
(prerelease)

the thing is that it requires a command line option to generate little
endian object files (-EL), but xcompile does not provide one and as a
result fails to accept this toolchain as valid.

BTW, this is how I invoke xcompile for the purposes of this experiment:

CROSS_COMPILE=mips-linux-gnu-  util/xcompile/xcompile

TIA,
-vb