[coreboot] Smi handler issue

Naresh G. Solanki naresh.solanki.2011 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 19:39:41 CEST 2015

Dear all,

While compiling coreboot, southbridge smm handler always compiles as empty
function irrespective of the code present in it.

As per declaration in smm.h, it is declared as attribute weak.

Since it is defined  in my southbridge smm handler, it should take the
defined function which it is not happening (objdump shows that only the
southbridge smm handler function has only ret instruction, rest all
function have  proper assembly code as per the required implementation .)

I need smm handler for enabling acpi mode during os booting.

Please help in solving this issue.

Regards,
N Solanki