[coreboot] Zako coreboot serial output does not insert 'return caret'

Anatol Pomozov anatol.pomozov at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 07:35:57 CEST 2015

Hi

I am playing with coreboot and try to build it with seabios payload for my
Zako device. Here is .config I use to compile coreboot at current HEAD
(4038a7f631dc)  https://gist.github.com/a950a69e737ac06a24f3 I use board
"Panther" that I believe is the same as one in my Zako.

I use google's servo to deploy FW to the board and I see a weird debug log
in my console. The log from coreboot looks like newline is inserted, but
return caret is not. SeaBIOS debug looks normal. Here and the log example
https://gist.github.com/anatol/8e30c8d5045ddf7e6b03

The host is Linux Arch. I tried several different console apps (cu, com)
but result is the same.

Dear community, do you have ideas what can make the coreboot log unreadable?