[coreboot] Lenovo G505S and Coreboot LTS Candidates list

Alexandru Gagniuc mr.nuke.me at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 07:45:48 CEST 2015

On Monday, April 06, 2015 01:45:32 PM Vladimir wrote:
> Dear coreboot developers,
>
> Francis Rowe (main Libreboot developer) has hinted an idea about adding
> Lenovo G505S to Coreboot LTS Candidates list of laptops, which is hosted at
> MrNuke's User talk coreboot wiki page. I believe it is an excellent idea,
> because:

You are free to add it, but keep in mind that anything with an AMD APU will
fail the RYF-certifiable criteria due to SMU and atombios.

If we're going to lower the bar, we should also consider Librem 15. At least
that one has (should have) a much more durable construction and much better
screen. If those guys aren't as full of it as they sound, and have figured out
how to fuse the PCH to disable ME, then RYF'ing a Librem should be less work
than anything APU.

> Best regards,
Alex