[coreboot] QEMU: Kernel hang issue "All ACPI Tables successfully acquired"

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 10 23:14:43 CEST 2015

Dear Ajoy,

welcome to coreboot!

Am Dienstag, den 07.04.2015, 20:56 +0530 schrieb Ajoy Das:

> I am running coreboot on qemu with the following sequence.
>
> coreboot -> seabios -> GRUB -> kernel.
>
> The kernel booting hangs at *All ACPI Tables successfully acquired*
>
> coreboot-4.0

Please give us the hash of the commit you are using or the output of
`git describe`.

Please attach your config file and the output of

        build/cbfstool build/coreboot.rom print

and also tell us your QEMU command.

> kernel 3.19

Same here. Please attach the config file.

> when I pass acpi=off to the kernel command line parameter the kernel boots
> fine in this scenario.
>

> Is there any specific coreboot option that needs to be enabled for
> successful booting.
> or anyone knows of this issue

I haven’t heard of it and the Raptor Engineering Automated Test Stand
verified the (default) QEMU boot off
emulation/qemu-q35/4.0-8859-g9484f55/2015-04-06T00:21:26Z. See the board
status repository for more information.

Please attach the whole boot log.

Thanks,

Paul