[coreboot] 'power on after fail' on Panther (Haswell/Lynxpoint)

Duncan Laurie dlaurie at chromium.org
Thu Apr 9 20:21:20 CEST 2015

[I got a bounce when sending this so trying again]

I think you should be able to alter the behavior with the 0xf2 and 0xf4
registers in the LDN4 block.

Right now mainboard/google/panther/devicetree.cb has this:

device pnp 2e.4 on # Environment Controller
        io 0x60 = 0x700
        io 0x62 = 0x710
        irq 0x70 = 0x09
        irq 0xf2 = 0x20   <<<<< PCR 1
        irq 0xf4 = 0x0  <<<<< PCR 2
        irq 0xfa = 0x12
end

0xf2 bit 5 and 0xf4 bit 5,6 should have some effect on this behavior.

F4<5> and F2<5>:
1 X : Always ON
0 1 : Memory
0 0 : Always OFF

And then F4<6> seems to be the bit that gates the PWRON pulse from the
superio and lets the southbridge control the default behavior.

I think if you set "irq 0xf2 = 0x20" (in theory if the datasheet is right
F2<5> doesn't matter for always on) and "irq 0xf4 = 0x20" and then do not
call it8772f_ac_resume_southbridge() (which is setting 0xf4=0x60) it should
let the superio control the behavior and always power on when AC Is
attached.

One other thing to try is to remove the RTC battery and let it reset the
superio state after you have things configured as desired.

-duncan