[coreboot] F2A85-M + A10-5800K hangs

David Hubbard david.c.hubbard+coreboot at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 16:00:12 CEST 2014

Hi Torsten,

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 6:26 AM, Torsten Duwe <duwe at lst.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've gotten myself an f2a85-m and a known-good trinity CPU
> A10-5800K (AD580KWOHJBOX), flashed a recent coreboot and...
> it hangs. At least I'm getting some debug:
>

> | coreboot-4.0-6970-g81f90c5 Sun Sep 28 23:11:23 CEST 2014 starting...
> | BSP Family_Model:
>
> And that's it. So far I figured that's the first non-constant string
> it tries to output. Maybe anything wrong with the (Cache-As-)RAM?
> Wikipedia says it's 2x2MB, but the AMD page linked claims 4x1MB.
>
> Or is there something else I'm missing? Some binary blob? Wrong compiler?
> Anyone successfully booting with a recent snapshot?

The console output is really unhelpful if the DDR3 init finds no usable
ram. I suspect that is your problem, but you'll want to turn on additional
debug output (sorry, you caught me at a bad time, I should look up the
config option for you). If indeed it isn't able to init your DDR3, the
output would look like this.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
David