[coreboot] Wyse S10 Geode GX2

Olliver Schinagl oliver+list at schinagl.nl
Tue Sep 23 21:41:06 CEST 2014

On 09/23/2014 09:45 AM, Jamie Lodberg wrote:

>>> Success!
>>>
>>> Haha silly me - I don't think they were bricked at all… as fijam wrote on his blog posting, the power button and LED don't work with coreboot. I had forgotten about this. I connected up a serial cable and saw that it was starting coreboot! Then I watched NanoBSD boot (with NO pcib hangs!!) and was able to ssh into it.
>>>
>>> Only problem so far is FreeBSD complaining about an interrupt storm on IRQ 10 when I have the serial port connected. Hm.
>>>
>>> Anyway, this is fantastic!!! :D
>> When you get it all sorted, can you get us enlightened folks some more detailed instructions how to get it all to build :)
>>
>> Olliver
>
> Ya I guess I never got around to posting my recipes. It would be good to blow the dust off this project again and get some help from the rest of you in getting VGA on boot to work, as well as choosing alternate boot device - I just haven't been able to get these things to work!
>
> I'll try and consolidate my notes  and post them in the next few days.
>
>    -Jamie

My offer from a few years ago still stands, I have a few Wyse S10 thin
clients for developers available. They come with more ram and a 1GiB
"SSD" on the ide slot and a power brick.

I'm happy to part with 2 or 3 units :)

I think the difference between the S10 and the S50 is that the S50
officially came with 64mb or 128mb of onboard flash, where the S10 just
had a fast bios. I bet it was even the same bios. Levaraging the 1GiB
SSD more then makes up for that so it would be an S180 :)

As for the ram, I have most of them upgraded to 256mb ram, where the S50
has 128 or 256 mb and 'stock' s10 only had 128mb.

Ideally I'd see one or two to go two VGA blob hackers and 1 to a VSA
hacker :)

Coreboot Winter of code? :)