[coreboot] Squashing of commits during Chromium upstreaming (was: Chromium Upstreaming / Introduction)

Paul Menzel paulepanter at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Sep 17 09:24:14 CEST 2014

Dear coreboot folks,

Am Dienstag, den 05.08.2014, 22:59 +0200 schrieb Paul Menzel:

> Am Dienstag, den 05.08.2014, 20:36 +0200 schrieb Stefan Reinauer:
> > * Paul Menzel [140802 15:07]:

[…]

> > Are you suggesting that the needs have changed here?
>
> The basic need has not changed and it looks like it was a
> misunderstanding in the past.

looking at how the commits are squashed, that means the commit message
is *not* rewritten but just appended after each other [2][3], I still
think it’d be better to upstream each commit separately as that way the
author information is kept and it is actually more readable when using
`git log` or `git log --format=oneline`.

Thanks,

Paul

[2] http://review.coreboot.org/6916/
[3] http://review.coreboot.org/6883