[coreboot] bug YT as EHCI gadget for coreboot

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Sun Sep 7 10:21:21 CEST 2014

On Fri, 05 Sep 2014 09:14:12 +0100
John Lewis <jlewis at johnlewis.ie> wrote:

> On 05/09/14 07:17, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
>
> > 4. Use your rasberry and try to make g_dbgp work there, to test use
> > the linux kernel with earlyprintk=dbgp. Note that earlyprintk=dbgp
> > doesn't work out of the box on all distro's kernels, you need the
> > right compilation options to make it work.
> >
> > Denis.
>
> That won't work, I think, as the Pi uses the same micro-USB port
> you'd be using for debug, for power.
Why is that a problem, you could:
* Get an usb cable with two "host" connectors: one on for the target
  laptop, another one for the 5v power, and the usual one for the
  rasberry side.
  Such cables were common for mini-usb, for instance for hard disks
  that didn't have enough power with only one usb port.
  So you could get one, or make one, or make someone do it for you.
* You may even not need such cable when testing g_dbgp and the
  kernel's earlyprintk.

Denis.