[coreboot] X201i RAM upgrade not working

Mono lists+coreboot at donderklumpen.de
Sat Sep 6 15:15:42 CEST 2014

Hallo Ron and Vladimir,

it seems the following behaviour is reproducible on my machine:

Boot 1: 1 DIMM installed in slot 0
	poweron, login, poweroff --> OK
        console output: 01_x201i_1DIMM_poweron_login_poweroff

Boot 2: 1 DIMM installed in slot 0
        poweron, login, flash, reboot, login, poweroff --> OK
        console output: 02_x201i_1DIMM_poweron_login_flash_reboot_login_poweroff
        note: reboot was done because after flashing poweroff hangs but reboot works

-->Add the second RAM module

Boot 3: 2 DIMMs installed
        poweron --> FAIL
        poweroff with the power button
        console output: 03_x201i_2DIMM_poweron_fails_powerbuttonoff

Boot 4: 2 DIMMs installed (this is just a second try)
        poweron --> FAIL
        poweroff with the power button
        console output: 04_x201i_2DIMM_poweron_fails_powerbuttonoff_v2

-->Remove the first RAM module

Boot 5: 1 DIMM installed in slot 1
        poweron, login, poweroff --> OK
        console output: 05_x201i_1DIMM_slot1_poweron_login_poweroff

-->Re-install the first RAM module

Step 6: 2 DIMMs installed
        poweron, login, poweroff --> OK
        console output: 06_x201i_2DIMM_poweron_ok_login_poweroff

I do not know why it fails, the last log message is:
Couldn't discover DRAM timings (3)

the logs are attached to this email.

with best regards
Mono