[coreboot] x60 : adding WWAN support

Charles Devereaux coreboot at guylhem.net
Mon Sep 1 23:12:30 CEST 2014

Hello

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 4:33 PM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <
phcoder at gmail.com> wrote:

Most GPS receivers don't have enough precision for any timing.

Would you recommend a specific one?

> Apparently, this last part cause the WWAN card not to be handled by
> > thinkpad-acpi, which would otherwise provide rfkill support (usefull to
> > save power, something I'd like to improve)
> Soft rfkill is always available through wwan driver.

What should I do to enable it? At the moment it is not showing in rfkill
list, even while I monitor the lack of satellites fix with:

echo 'AT^WPDGP' > /dev/ttyUSB0

cat /dev/ttyUSB3|grep GPGSV|grep -v 00

*$ rfkill list

0: phy0: Wireless LAN

        Soft blocked: no

        Hard blocked: no

1: hci0: Bluetooth

        Soft blocked: no

        Hard blocked: no

I read http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Ericsson_F3507g_Mobile_Broadband_Module
which mentions /sys/devices/platform/thinkpad_acpi/rfkill/rfkill0/state,
but I believe it depends on the ACPI entries to show up.

Thanks

Charles