[coreboot] sourcing 128MB flash chips for an X60 with coreboot

Alvaro [Andor] andor at pierdelacabeza.com
Wed Oct 29 00:24:52 CET 2014

Hi,

So you mean 128 megabit (Mb) - 16 megabyte (MB).

Check this, it may fit you (100 pieces in a lot!!! :) ):
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/W25Q128FVSSIG-25Q128FVSG-New-authentic-W25Q128FVSG-SPI-FALSH-SOIC-8PIN-209MIL-128M-bit-16M-byte-Winbond-W25Q128/1752432754.html

100 is a lot, but you can share them in the list later. I bought a 10 or
15 lot and then sent some spare to somebody I can't remember on the
list. The ones in eBay are super expensive so you can save some people a
lot of money.

Check around and you might have luck. Maybe even better if you go to the
manufacturers data sheet and look if they exist with that package, and
then look for the exact model.

About including the kernel in the bios chip, I did 2 or 3 tests, and the
kernel load after grub was super slow, but I didn't test enough to say
if it was the chip fault or it needed to be done in a different way.

Good luck!