[coreboot] sourcing 128MB flash chips for an X60 with coreboot

Charles Devereaux coreboot at guylhem.net
Sun Oct 26 01:28:55 CEST 2014

Hello

I would like to replace the flash chip with something larger, to add a
minimal linux distribution and test some security ideas.

I selected a few chips based on flashrom support, but I can't find any of
them on my usual websites.
On ebay, I can't find them in SOIC8 package. Yet IIRC, someone did that
with a x60 running coreboot (just can't find the URL at the moment).
Hopefully that person is even on the list!

Would you have a recommended source to get 2 or 3 of them?

ideally: M25P128

possible:
MX25L128 05D
N25Q128.3E
W25Q128.V

(because non-volatile write bit chips are produced by Macronix and Winbond)

Thanks
Charles