[coreboot] Prague meeting: Work on USB debug

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Tue Oct 14 09:41:14 CEST 2014

On 14. Oktober 2014 01:26:37 MESZ, Peter Stuge <peter at stuge.se> wrote:
>Nico Huber wrote:
>> I had first success with my pomona clip, today. Sadly, the mobo does
>> not have any UART,
>
>What board is it?
A Haswell ThinkPad (T440s).

>>  so I'll finally have to switch to something more advanced.
>
>Is LPC available on the board?
I don't think so.

>> I've a high-speed ftdi usb adapter board that can be used as USB
>debug device
>
>Are you really sure that the chip meets the requirements on debug
>devices?
No, but I have some POC code working at least with an ICH7 EHCI.

>In particular non-standard data packet sizes?
Some time ago, I played a bit with my ThinkPad T60. Only limitation seemed to be the 8-byte limit of packet payload. With the right configuration packets (setting BAUD, rs232, ...) things just worked.

Nico